22/05/2007

My Mother *

Looking for me as a farmer looks for his lost sheep
God chose you to look after me every single day and night
And you brave and full of happiness accepted me
Giving your thankfulness to the sun and the moon for being your companions
always and forever in my upbringing
In the balance between the good and the evil you
chose to be a disciple of caring in regard of
how much a mom is able to love her child
Not everyone has your strength - not everyone chooses
like you did - And I simply love you because you said YES.

Night months you suffered from nightmares and insomnia
And another six months you didn't listen to another melody
rather than my whimsical and tough crying.
Since the beginning you made me lots of cloth to dress me as a Christmas tree
Until this point you didn't change and I hope you would never do.

All along these years you gave me love
and you taught me the art of being better with the passing days.
Since I gave my first breath you watched after me with your big eyes
That have scared me that much
but at the same time have loved me
In every adventure I have had.

You gave me everything and you spoiled me as every mom does
But you taught me to love from a smile to the stars in the Grey sky of June
Seventeen years old I am and I appreciated every single day of the year
for having you as my guide in this journey full of fears and joys.

My best friend and my confident
is a beautiful and incredible person
that it is also my dear "mami" . . .

And "mami" have become my favorite word since a long time ago.

I don't wanna miss any hug never again because I wouldn't like it to be the last one
And it would be never be - I know it for sure.


1 comment:

CAL said...

Did you read this to your mum? Does she speak English? I hope she does, so she can appreciate your words fully! Lovely thoughts. It's never early, never late to let mom know how much she means to us.